8 Best Dog Breeds For Families With Kids
At Betsy Farms, we’re proud to make healthy dog treats from all-natural ingredients sourced right here in the USA. But in addition to providing beloved dog snacks, we strive to be a resource for every aspect of owning and caring for a dog. If you’re a family with kids, bringing a dog into your home can be one of the most exciting milestones of growing up – but it’s also hard to know how to choose a dog that’ll get along well with young children. If you’re in the midst of this decision right now, here are 8 kid-friendly dog breeds that will make a great new addition to your family.
The 8 Best Dog Breeds for Kids
Wondering what kind of dog will get along well with your children? These 8 family-friendly breeds are the perfect addition to a family with kids of any age:
- Bulldog: Bulldogs are docile, patient, and friendly with humans of any age. Their solid build also means they’ll be able to handle playing with kids who like to roughhouse a bit.
- Newfoundland: A remarkably intelligent breed, Newfoundlands are as gentle and loving as they come. They also love kids and are very protective of children, which earns them the nickname of “nature’s babysitter.”
- Irish Setter: Setters need a lot of exercise, which makes them good for energetic kids. They love being around people and do well with young children, which makes them a great choice for a larger family.
- Border Collie: A classic breed, collies are gentle-mannered, very predictable, and very easy to train. This makes them a great option for first-time dog owners.
- Beagle: Beagles are small, calm, and friendly, making them a highly manageable dog for a family. They love to play outside, which makes them a wonderful companion, but they’re small enough for children to be able to look after.
- Bichon Frise: This small, white breed is one of the friendliest around. They truly assume that strangers are just friends they haven’t met yet, which makes them perfect for families.
- Golden Retriever: Few dog breeds are as iconic as the golden retriever, and for good reason. Goldens are friendly, energetic dogs with lots of love to give. While they require a lot of exercise, they’ll make a beloved companion for any family.
- Labrador Retriever: Labs have been the most popular dog breed for decades, and it makes sense. They’re friendly and sweet, getting along with kids, adults, and other pets, making them a friend to any and all.
Order Healthy Dog Snacks Today
No matter which dog breed you choose, you’ll need a supply of healthy dog snacks to keep your new member of the family healthy and happy – and that’s where we can help. Take a look at our full line of healthy dog snacks, then find a distributor near you to see where you can pick up your next batch. We can’t wait to help keep your new furry friend’s tail wagging for years to come!