Foods That Are Safe to Share with Your Dog
A dog that’s mastered the use of puppy dog eyes when begging for food can be difficult to ignore. After all, what’s the harm that one little bite of human food can do? Unfortunately, though, while it may seem innocuous, giving a dog human food can be dangerous. Many foods that humans have no trouble eating and enjoying can be poisonous to dogs – chocolate and grapes are just two examples. At Betsy Farms, we’re proud to make high-quality, naturally healthy dog snacks that dogs everywhere can enjoy. But we all deserve a little luxury sometimes, so here’s a list of some human food favorites that are ok to share with dogs.
Human Food You Can Give to Your Dog
Wondering if it’s safe for your dog to eat the snack they’re so longingly leering at? While it’s not all-inclusive, here’s a quick list of some common human foods that dogs are ok to eat – and are sure to love:
- Carrots: Raw or cooked, your dog can have their fill of these colorful veggies.
- Blueberries: Another colorful fruit that’s safe for dogs, if a bit pricey for dog treats.
- Eggs: Cooked eggs, whether scrambled or fried, are perfectly safe and healthy for dogs to eat.
- Pineapple: Does your pup have a tropical taste? Pineapple is fine for dogs to eat in small amounts.
- Broccoli: In moderation, dogs are perfectly fine eating raw or cooked broccoli.
- Chicken: Cooked, boneless chicken is a delicious treat that’s completely healthy for dogs.
- Pork: Just like chicken, cooked pork that’s free of any spices or bones is safe for dogs to eat.
- Salmon: Same with salmon – so long as it’ss fully cooked and boneless, it’s actually quite healthy for your dog.
- Turkey: Cooked, boneless, and spiceless turkey is also safe for dogs to eat.
- Beef: Seeing a pattern here? Dogs are carnivores – so long as there are no bones or added spices, cooked beef is also A-OK for dogs.
- Coconut: Coconut meat is safe for dogs to eat, and some say it can help keep their skin and coat healthier.
- Mango: Another colorful fruit that’s high in vitamins, mango is fine for dogs as an occasional treat.
- Strawberries: This colorful red berry can make a great snack for dogs when given in moderation.
Try Our Healthy Dog Treats Today
This list is by no means all-inclusive, and anytime you consider introducing a new food to your dog’s diet, we recommend talking with your vet. But if your pup is longing for a bite of something you’re enjoying from this list, you don’t have to worry about indulging them from time to time. Of course, if you truly want to give your dog a healthy, delicious snack, we’ve got something even better: our healthy dog treats are made from natural ingredients sourced right here in the US, so you know you’re getting premium quality. Give your dog the gift of delicious flavor and better health: find a store near you today!